Good morning girls!
As you know… I just love to cook! Creating (and taste-testing!) the recipes for the cooking pages is one of the BEST bits about working at GP HQ!
Today we all got to bake for a cause – we held a Biggest Morning Tea in the office to raise money for the Cancer Council. It was totally scrumptious Amy baked some yum-tastic Mars Bar slices and I made some Pear and Rhubarb muffins… fancy!
This inspired me to share one of my favourite Morning Tea recipes… I call them Berry Blast Muffins! Packed with berries, yoghurt and oats, they make a totally tasty snack. Why not whip them up this weekend, or hold your own Biggest Morning Tea? Check out ‘I Heart Helping’ in our June issue for more info, or visit www.biggestmorningtea.com.au to find out more!
My Berry Blast Muffins!
Are you getting hungry? Here’s the recipe girls – get baking!
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 200g of strawberry yoghurt
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 green apple, grated
- ½ cup of honey
- 80g of melted butter
- 1 cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
How to do it:
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C or 170°C for fan-forced. Line 12 non-stick muffin holes with paper muffin cases. Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in ½ of the rolled oats.
2. Add eggs, yoghurt, bananas, apple, honey and butter and stir until only just combined. Fold in the berries.
3. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and sprinkle remaining oats on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Put on a wire rack to cool.
Tip! These very munchable muffins can be eaten on their own or cut in half and spread with yoghurt or honey.
Anthea and the GP Team xx
Tags: Biggest Morning Tea, Cancer Council, cooking, June Issue, Muffins, Recipes