This week, Girl Power’s superstar bakers Georgie and Cami whipped up these Glee-inspired cookies! We think they might just be the cutest (and yummiest!) cookies ever! We got them to share the recipe just for YOU! Yay!
(makes 15 large gingerbread men)
2 Cups Plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
110g unsalted butter
4 heaped tbsp brown sugar
4 heaped tbsp golden syrup
2 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat until just melted (don’t let it bubble). You may need an adult’s help for this step!
- Pour the melted butter mix into a well in the centre of the flour. Mix well until incorporated and forms a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently until the dough is smooth.
- Flatten and wrap in glad wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Remove from fridge and make sure it isn’t too hard (if so let soften on a bench at room temperature)
- Gently flour the bench and roll out until about 5mm thickness, then cut using a gingerbread man shaped cookie cutter
- Bake on a lined tray for approximately 12 minutes until lightly golden brown
- Remove from oven, letting them cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack
For the Icing
- Using electric beaters whip egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add icing sugar until the desired thickness is achieved
- separate into individual bowls, and add a few drops of food colouring to each
Important! Make sure you’re biscuits are cold before you start to ice them otherwise it will just melt!
Thanks for sharing your recipe Georgie – these cookies rock! We’d love to see reader recipes recipes too – just email us at email@example.com!
Recipe and Images: Georgie Esdaile